Summer is a wondrous time of year when you are a child. The days are longer, the sun is shining, the weather is nice, it is time for fun! Here are some great Summer themed books to take with you anywhere! Whether you are camping, at the pool, laying on a sandy beach, on a trip to visit family or friends, or relaxing in the cool of you air-conditioned room, these books are great fun to share with your preschooler! Reading together not only promotes literacy, but it also engages your child, and supports the parent-child bond.
Enjoy your summer reading together!!
These are the titles and authors of the selected books from left to right.
- Summer Days and Nights by Wong Herbert Yee
- Mama is it Summer Yet? by Nikki McClure
- Fire Flies by Julie Brinckloe
- The Watermelon Seed by Greg Pizzoli
- Summer by Alice Low
- Summer is Here by Heidi Pross Gray
- Biscuits First Beach Day by by Alyssa Satin Capucilli and Pat Schories
- Beach Bugs by David A. Carter
- Curious George Goes to the Beach by H. A. Rey
- Harry By the Sea by Gene Zion and Margaret Bloy Graham
- Let it Shine by Maryann Cocca-Leffler
- I See Summer by Charles Ghigna and Ag Jatkowska
- Bear's New Friend by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
- Down by the Bay by Raffi and Nadine Bernard Westcott
- Froggy Learns to Swim by Johnathan London